Solicitor/ Legal Executive - Disrepairs
Worcester with an anticipated balance of home and office working
£44,062 - £46,381 per year
Due to the expansion of our in-house legal team we have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Solicitor with specialist knowledge of housing law. This sits within the wider Legal Services function, with a focus on disrepair claims.
We offer a great work/life balance where you will get to enjoy the quality of work of a private practice with the work/life balance of working in-house. You will be part of a team that meets the challenges of a continually evolving organisation which provides exciting opportunities for career development and personal growth.
The role of Solicitor will include:
- Predominately managing a busy caseload of landlord and tenant disputes with particular emphasis on pre-action and litigated claims against the Group for housing disrepair
- Also handling and assisting with the caseload of general litigation matters
- Line management responsibilities including training and supervision of paralegals and, where appropriate, trainee solicitors
- Ensuring that legal services are delivered in a cost-effective way that limit risk to the Group and provide value for money.
- Developing and maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the delivery of a quality service to our customers.
Skills and experiences:
- You will be a qualified solicitor or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives with proven post qualifying experience gained in-house or in a private practice
- A specialist in housing law with comprehensive knowledge of litigation procedure
- An excellent working knowledge of housing law particularly the Housing Act 1988, Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 and of the Equality Act 2010
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt technical legal terms into a format understandable to our customers
- The ability to build strong relationships and influence stakeholders both internally and externally
- Experience of managing a varied caseload and working to deadlines
- Experienced in advising senior managers and staff on legal issues Supervisory experience would be desirable
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, where your wellbeing is of genuine importance, we have developed an attractive employment package. The package recognises your contribution, supports your physical, mental and financial health and gives you the flexibility to tailor your employee benefits by offering amongst others:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- £44,062 per annum (rising to £46,381 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)