Financial Services Regulatory Lawyer | Remote work Available | Cardiff or London
My client is a commercial firm based in Cardiff with offices across the UK and abroad. They have a growing non-contentious financial services team working for clients in the insurance, pensions, wealth management, crypto-assets and banking industries. Many of their clients are London-based, but they also have clients throughout the UK. They work for traditional financial services firms, but they are particularly known for their work with Fintech and Insure tech firms who are “disruptors” in the financial services industry.
This new and exciting opportunity is to be one of the firms first PSL specifically supporting their Financial Services Sector in the areas of Operational Resiliency, Third Party Risk Management, Crypto-Assets and Crypto-Currencies, Payment Services & Open Banking, Joining a wider team of PSLs within the Company Commercial Practice Group and working with partners and lawyers committed to making a difference, this will provide a chance to focus on these new and evolving areas of law and regulation.
The PSL will directly support the UK financial services sector team, and offer strategic assistance to other offices in the network as may be required from time to time, in all areas of knowledge for the team, which will include:
- drafting/updating/managing/improving the content of team and firm wide precedents;
- updating and writing team guidance notes and tool kits;
- researching and writing internal and client facing, briefings and horizon scanning reports;
- collating current awareness and sector hot topics, with recourse to market source providers, and also leading on sector critical matters with the support of senior team partners and senior assistants;
- planning and developing their ongoing team training, including vetting of training materials, writing/updating training materials, presenting sector critical training (both face to face and online);
- where appropriate, leading the group’s engagement in FS policy forums and legislative consultations;
- managing the team know how bank with the support of PSL team assistants;
- supporting key clients with training and knowledge services;
- liaising with the National Legal Technology Group in respect of IT developments for the use of the fee earning team; and
- supporting the FS regulatory team on ad hoc queries and work process improvement initiatives (firm wide and team wide).
All of their PSLs work very closely together and this role will particularly work with PSLs supporting our Financial Services, Commercial and M&A teams as well as other PSLs in the wider Company Commercial Group. That wider team of PSLs works closely as a team, sharing experiences and best practice and delivering projects across the whole Company Commercial Group practice group. The FS regulatory PSL will have the support of a senior partner in the UK team and support from a team of PSL support assistants.
The successful candidate will have a good academic background, enjoy investigative and research work, have good drafting skills, pay attention to detail, be able to clearly communicate technical issues (verbally and in writing) and be able to apply technical skills to a creative and rapidly changing commercial environment.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Rachel at TSR Legal head offices or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.