TSR Legal are working in partnership with a legal 100 firm in their search for a Tax Lawyer to join their busy and diverse tax practice in Bristol. You will be joining the Corporate business group but will be providing advice to a number of teams as well as to clients directly. Ideally, you will be working from the Cardiff office with hybrid working. You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Their lawyer teams are also well supported by their Business Services, Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
The position offers the opportunity to work on a broad variety of matters. The tax team works across disciplines in the firm and therefore you will gain an understanding of a number of different sectors. This makes the role both interesting and challenging at the same time. They also work for both public and private sector clients.
You will work on a range of topics, from the straight-forward to the very complex, and typically be involved in the following:
* M&A transactions, both UK and cross-border
* Corporate restructuring
* UK real estate
* Share option schemes and management remuneration structuring
* Employee taxes and benefits (including termination packages)
* Ad hoc legal advice
* University spin-out structures.
Skills / Experience Required
* Solid relevant technical expertise and intellectual ability
* Enthusiastic and genuinely interested in tax
* Strong analytical skills. While the role doesn't generally require a knowledge of complex mathematics, being comfortable with more basic maths would be a pre-requisite.
* Good communication skills
* Dedication, determination and loyalty
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven, approachable and people oriented
* Excellent client care skills
* Exceptional self-motivation and ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
What's on offer?
- Salary dependant on experience
- Market leading benefits package
- Exposure to fantastic quality levels of work whilst working within a friendly, and approachable team
- Great work/life balance initiatives
This is an excellent opportunity for a Tax Lawyer to join this highly regarded, legal 100 firm based in Central Bristol.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call Karen at TSR Legal for a confidential chat on 02920 388100 or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.