Job title: Paralegal (Property Law)
Salary: Grade C starting at £24,715 per annum
Location: Callaghan Square, Cardiff.
While there is an opportunity for some hybrid working the expectation is that at least 4 days will be based in our offices in Cardiff.
Hours of Work: Full-time (34.75 hours per week)
The Church in Wales owns a wide variety of property across Wales including churches, churchyards, clergy housing and agricultural land.
Our Property Services Department provides a wide variety of support and guidance to local managers of property and handles all transactions relation to property including sales, acquisitions, leases and licenses.
You will play an integral part in the department by researching title to all properties held by the Representative Body of the Church in Wales, auditing deeds and record filing.
You will be responsible for of Land Registration by, co-ordinating and submitting applications to Land Registry. You will research and provide advice on title matters including boundary queries.
You will spend time researching extensive historic records to discern title and identify beneficiaries.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous substantial experience working in property law
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with a courteous and diplomatic manner in dealing with people throughout the Church and outside
- The ability to think creatively in finding solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in IT skills, including Microsoft packages such as outlook, word and excel
- The ability to adapt quickly to unfamiliar areas of law
- Team player who is able to build strong internal and external working relationships
- An empathy with the mission and ministry of the Church in Wales
The Church in Wales is committed to serving the needs of the people of Wales and seeks to connect with people of all faiths or none.
Please submit your application to: PeopleServices@cinw.org.uk
Wednesday 27 July at 10am
Thursday 4 August (conducted via Teams)
- Job profile – Paralegal (Word)
- Application Form (Word)