We currently have several ongoing claims before the English and Welsh, Dutch and German courts which apply Brazilian law and are led in part by our international litigation teams based in London. We are therefore seeking passionate and experienced Brazilian qualified lawyers to join our Legal Team and support across various aspects of our international litigations.
What will you be doing?
You will play an invaluable part in our vision, working with the team on large, complex and fast paced international litigations.
Taking initial instructions from partners and senior associates and delegating to trainee solicitors and paralegals when appropriate, you will be involved in:
- Conducting research, drafting and reviewing documentation
- Attending meetings with external counsel, experts and clients
- Supervising Trainees and Paralegals
- Managing legal documentation and demonstrating effective case management skills
- Assisting the firm in achieving its professional objectives
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external counsel, expert witnesses, financial partners and other external parties
- Assisting with Pogust Goodhead’s business development objectives, including raising the firm’s profile by partaking in marketing, corporate comms, preparing publications and attending industry conferences
What you’ll bring to Pogust Goodhead
We are looking for experienced, Brazilian qualified lawyers who are as passionate about the work that we undertake.
Applicants should possess excellent academic credentials and be able to demonstrate their experience in civil litigation and/or collective proceedings, ideally with at least 3+ years PQE. Applicants should have a keen interest in environmental protection and human rights.
Applicants should combine strong technical skills with superior analytical skills, and the ability to understand our clients’ needs in order to implement robust litigation and client management strategies.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy, as well as an ability to organise effectively.
Confident communication, an ability to work calmly under pressure alongside strong interpersonal and collaboration skills will be key in this role, as will a demonstrably flexible approach to work to ensure deadlines are met.
We always look for Associates who possess genuine empathy and passion for the clients we represent.
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Paternity leave - 2 months paid enhanced leave
- Maternity leave - 6 months paid enhanced leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to counselling and a variety of external support for you and your family members
- Employee referral bonus
- E-bikes and gym discounts (salary sacrifice schemes)
- Season ticket loans
- 2 days per year paid CSR / charity days
Pogust Goodhead employee commitment
At Pogust Goodhead we believe in championing personal growth and achievements, but first and foremost, we’re also a team, and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and valued as individuals.
We know that our team are the heart of Pogust Goodhead and that is why we make the following commitment to all our people:
- To be a meritocracy with a fair and transparent pay review process
- To offer opportunities for internal promotion
- To provide everyone with a fair and structured performance review process
- To provide a learning environment that supports its employees in becoming experts in their roles
- To give all Pogust Goodhead’s people opportunities to influence and improve how we work
Our commitment to building an inclusive workplace
Pogust Goodhead is an equal opportunities employer who believes passionately that our team should represent the diversity of the clients that we support. We are committed to providing a place of work that provides fair and equal career growth and learning opportunities to all its employees. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all, regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio economic background, disability or religious beliefs.
We will retain your details on file for six months from the date of your application. Please see further information here on how Pogust Goodhead handles personal data.