Pogust Goodhead is a ground-breaking law firm which pursues class actions against the largest companies in the world on behalf of millions of individuals. Founded by Harris Pogust and Tom Goodhead in 2018, Pogust Goodhead is now the leading law firm in the world in its main practice areas and has been described as “the first legal unicorn,” having raised over $300m in financial backing with work in progress of over $5bn.
Pogust Goodhead has offices across the United Kingdom (London, Liverpool, Edinburgh), United States (Philadelphia, Miami, San Diego, New Jersey), Netherlands (Amsterdam), and Brazil (Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Brasilia); together with joint ventures with law firms in Germany, South Africa, Australia and Peru.
Tom Goodhead, the firm’s co-founder and CEO, is responsible for the strategic, financial, and operational leadership of the firm worldwide. Known for his innovative approach to the practice of law, Tom has spearheaded the firm’s global expansion and leads its most prominent cases.
Pogust Goodhead is looking for a Special Assistant to Tom, in his role as CEO, to support him personally in his running the firm and its cases worldwide. The role will be a challenging and demanding one requiring skills in project management, people management, and diplomacy. For this role, you will be office based in London or Amsterdam with a global mobility requirement (Anticipated travel requirement of 50% of the professional time)
Day-to-day responsibilities will be highly varied but will include:
- Facilitating and overseeing high-level internal meetings
- Accompanying and supporting Tom in VVIP external meetings and visits worldwide (the role involves liaising with politicians, senior finance, law firm, and business leaders, journalists, and heads of non-governmental and international organisations)
- Representing Tom in meetings and functions
- Inbox and calendar management, drafting correspondence, speeches, and articles
- Event planning and management
- Working with the Chief Strategy Officer, Director of Corporate Affairs, and Head of Strategic Communications in firmwide strategy and communications projects
- Liaising with Tom’s personal assistants in relation to travel arrangements and personal affairs.
- Outstanding academically with a keen interest in law, economics, public policy, and international relations
- Impeccable spoken and written English
- Fluency in a Romance language
- A willingness to learn Portuguese if not fluent
- Top tier, prior professional experience in the private or public sectors
Personal Qualities/Role Requirements
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Complete personal integrity and confidentiality
- Diplomacy, tact, and interpersonal charm
- A willingness to work demanding hours
- Unafraid of undertaking administrative tasks; as well as strategic and advisory work
- Ability to regularly travel internationally at very short notice, in accordance with business needs
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Paternity leave - 2 months' paid enhanced leave
- Maternity leave - 6 months' paid enhanced leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to counselling and a variety of external support for you and your family members
- Employee referral bonus
- E-bikes and gym discounts (salary sacrifice schemes)
- Season ticket loans
- 2 days per year paid CSR/charity days
POGUST GOODHEAD employee commitment
At POGUST GOODHEAD we believe in championing personal growth and achievements, but first and foremost, we’re also a team, and a team is strongest when everyone feels that they are supported and valued as individuals.
We know that our team are the heart of POGUST GOODHEAD and that is why we make the following commitment to all our people:
- To be a meritocracy with a fair and transparent pay review process
- To offer opportunities for internal promotion
- To provide everyone with a fair and structured performance review process
- To provide a learning environment that supports its employees in becoming experts in their roles
- To give all POGUST GOODHEAD’s people opportunities to influence and improve how we work
Our commitment to building an inclusive workplace
POGUST GOODHEAD is an equal opportunities employer who believes passionately that our team should represent the diversity of the clients that we support. We are committed to providing a place of work that provides fair and equal career growth and learning opportunities to all its employees. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind within our company, and we celebrate creating a culture offering opportunity for all, regardless of race, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio economic background, disability, or religious beliefs.
Apply for this job