Hays Legal is exclusively retained by this high-profile organisation seeking to make a key legal counsel appointment, reporting directly to the Head of Legal and Company Secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer (minimum 3 years+) with an in-house or private practice background, to be a trusted advisor to this organisation.
You will gain excellent experience working directly with the HOL & Co Sec and will be a key contact for legal matters, finding commercial solutions and having a results-orientated approach.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Legal - you will assist with the provision of legal services, providing advice to the organisation in relation to commercial contracts, regulatory; health and safety matters, projects, GDPR, data protection, risk management and dispute resolution
- Projects - you will support the HOL & Co Sec as well as other key stakeholders with objectives and projects as appropriate
- External legal advisors - you will help manage the relationships with law firms
- Training - you will get involved in training to the organisation on relevant legal issues
- Company secretarial - you will potentially gain some exposure to company secretarial matters
You will have significant general legal experience. You will be able to evidence a strong track record of your ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships both internally and externally.
This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer already in-house or seeking to make a move in-house. On offer is a wide-ranging and stimulating role within a fast-moving and collegiate environment. Those seeking a 4 or 5 day working week will be equally of interest. The role is expected to be 3 days a week office based.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package offering a generous pension and additional attractive benefits. Only those with UK experience will be considered.
To learn more about this role, please send your CV to Adele Callaghan (specifying full details of your current remuneration package) or email for a return call to discuss the role. This role is being exclusively handled by Hays Legal and all direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to Hays for consideration.