We are looking for a qualified solicitor with either corporate or commercial experience, a proactive approach to work and strong attention to detail to assist with hands on delivery helping businesses move into employee ownership. The role will primarily be working from home with potential for travel and / or work from office. We’re looking for a full-time member of staff but are very open to part time / flexible hours.
The salary is competitive plus profit share and a range of other benefits.
We’re expert advisers on employee ownership; we have been helping businesses become employee owned for over twenty years. We are employee owned ourselves and operate with a relatively flat and flexible structure. Transparency is key to our culture: most key business decisions are determined collectively involving all employees, everyone knows what everyone earns, and distributable profit is shared proportionately among all employees based on salary. We believe that employees should share in the wealth they create and have a real voice in the organisations they work for.
Your work will focus on some or all of the following services:
- Supporting business owners and employees to transition their companies into thriving employee-owned enterprises.
- Drafting and advising on the principal legal documents required to implement employee ownership structures.
- Drafting and advising on the ancillary documents required to implement employee ownership structures.
- Assist with completion meetings for our client’s transition to employee ownership.
- Any additional tasks as required by the business to help meet our client needs.
You do not need prior employee ownership legal experience, but we are ideally looking for prior corporate law experience around share sales and governance structures.
Our culture and the way we work is of great importance to us: as mentioned above, we operate with a relatively flat structure and most decisions regarding the business are discussed as a group. It is essential that new employees share in this ethos and are committed to protecting and growing what makes Baxendale Employee Ownership so special.
Interested applicants should apply and provide a copy of your CV and cover letter as to why you are a good fit for this role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2023 if interested.
Find out more about us at www.baxendaleownership.co.uk.