Our client, based in central Norwich, is seeking a specialist immigration lawyer to work as part of the employment team.
Currently the team (one of the largest employment practices in Norwich) handles the immigration work as it comes in, alongside a consultant solicitor who has been a part-time Immigration Judge since 1997.
However, given the volume of the work, the firm recognises there is significant scope to develop this practice area in its own right, so would like to hire an experienced lawyer.
The work you could be involved in may include some/all of this list (with scope to develop a practice as you see fit):
- Spouse, finances and partner visa applications
- Visitors' visa application
- Child migrant and family reunion visa applications (including dependant relative visas)
- Tier 1 visa applications (investor, entrepreneur or graduate entrepreneur)
- Tier 2 migrant working visa applications
- Tier 2 sponsor's licences
- Tier 2 applications for sportspersons
- Tier 2 intra-company transfers
- Tier 4 student visa applications
- EEA and EU free movement applications (including for extended family members)
The benefits package the firm offer includes:
- Holiday entitlement from 28 days + bank holidays (29 days for senior associates and 30 days for partners). The firm closes between the Christmas and New Year period (though lawyers are expected to log-in remotely during this period if necessary).
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Life assurance
- Subsidised car parking (or free car parking for senior associates and above)
- The firm’s working hours are 9-5 pm
- There is no long-hours culture in the employment team. The office is typically deserted by 6.30 pm most days; on Fridays many lawyers go to the pub to socialise
The employment team get on outside of work and frequently have team-wide events on Fridays, to celebrate tribunal wins and socials throughout the year, so someone who wants to be involved in this would fit in well.
The firm has a track record of bringing through lateral-hire associate and senior associate lawyers through to equity partnership, and is happy to openly discuss its promotion criteria and potential earnings. The firm has many success stories of lawyers (and non-lawyers) carving out a career path they love. Many of the firm's current staff enjoy long-service. This firm's track record of retaining its lawyers is the envy of its competitors.
Flexible and remote working is typically awarded to lawyers who have built up specialism in their practice areas; as such this role lends itself to both.
This role could be a traditional employed role; however depending on the candidate, it might also lend itself to consultancy work.
Interested applicants are likely to be invited to have an informal chat with the firm in the first instance. After that, assuming there's serious interest on both sides, a more formal interview might follow. The interview process is not likely to exceed three stages. This firm get out attractive offers and offer paperwork quickly.
If you would like more details you can call or text Anna on:
07960 743650 anytime of day.
Olsen Recruitment is a specialist legal recruiter in East Anglia.