TSR Legal have a brand new opportunity with a successful multi-office practice, who deliver a range of services to clients based locally and further afield. Based at the firms Swansea office, they have a superb reputation and are a leading Legal 500 firm who pride ourselves on providing a high level of client care. Recognising the importance of giving back to the communities in which they are based, they support local charities and provide advice clinics and we are a leading practice providing Court of Protection services to their clients.
Your role will include the following:
You will be joining a team that specialises in providing Court of Protection Deputyship support for clients who have mental health issues. The team is highly regarded in the region. Their clients are a mixture of the elderly who have no one to support them or have mental health issues or clients who have had Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence claims, leading to awards. They require a lawyer to assist in supporting there every day needs and life and maximising their support and entitlements. They require a lawyer to ensure the protection of their funds and to work with any family to support them living a full life. The role is rewarding as we look to add value to our clients’ life experience, through expert services and support.
· You will work closely with the Regional Partner that oversees this team to provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to the clients and family members, within the context of the Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation, supported by a supervisor.
· Areas of work will include the management of Property and Affairs Deputyships, working with brain injured and vulnerable clients, Trust management, assisting with tax affairs and accounts, Personal Injury Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, and the full range of applications to the Court of Protection.
· Other work will include monitoring client’s budgets to ensure fund sustainability, liaising with case managers, doctors, therapists, care teams, care homes and other specialists.
· Make regular payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets.
· Day-to-day contact with clients to provide individual support according to their lifestyle requirements.
· Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate to paralegals and trainees.
· Work on tracking expenditure of discretionary trusts and advise to trustees around their management.
· Work as a part of a team under the supervision of a Partner of the firm.
· Degree in Law or relevant CILEx level and previous experience of working in a Court of Protection role.
· Good customer focus, flexible and proactive approach with 'can do' attitude.
· Able to work to tight deadlines and in a high paced environment.
· Good Microsoft skills particularly word and excel.
· Organised and able to prioritise.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time, fully flexible hybrid working
Salary: To £50,000.00 per year
This top regional law firm are looking for a Court of Protection Solicitor to join their growing offices. Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to drop Rob a call at TSR Legal on 02920 388100 for a confidential conversation or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.