A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trust Manger to join a Top 40 accountancy firm with an international reach based in St Albans.
Reporting directly to Directors and Partners, you will be looking after an interesting portfolio that includes charitable trusts.What the role includes
- Responsible for an interesting and varied portfolio of UK resident and charitable trusts, ensuring deadlines for annual accounts and tax compliance are met.
- Reviewing work prepared by members of the team having an input in their training and mentoring.
- Assisting with advisory work and ad-hoc matters, including high level taxation and general advice regarding Inheritance Tax
- Liaising with tax, accounts, and financial planning teams, as appropriate, to ensure a joined-up approach.
- Monitoring budgets, own chargeability and raising fee notes
- Experience of charitable trusts, probate work and estate accounts would be an advantage but it is not essential as there are development opportunities in this area.
The practice uses CCH Practice Managment System. A working knowledge of CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax would be an advantage. Qualifications
- CTA and/or STEP qualified - or a desire to work towards a STEP qualification.
- Strong knowledge of trusts
- Good organisation, communication and teamwork skills
- Motivated with a positive attitude