We are a property management and construction company, looking for an In-House Solicitor.
The role will involve dealing with all aspects of in-house legal issues including but not exclusively advising on contentious issues in land transactions; landlord and tenant matters, issuing and serving proceedings, lease renewals, service charges, rent reviews, property-related professional negligence claims. You will ideally be someone who is able to be proactive and able to deal with litigation matters early in the process.
These duties are by no means exhaustive, and you will have exposure to a wide range of residential/litigation matters including disputes, preparation of pre-action correspondence; notes of advice and settlement agreements/correspondence, drafting statements of case
(Claim Forms / Particulars of Claim) applications, witness statements, draft orders, preparation of hearing bundles, instructions to counsel.
Skills and qualifications:
· The successful candidate will be a Solicitor - Admitted in England & Wales
· Minimum 2 years’ post qualification experience.
· IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet.
· Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills. Professional telephone manner.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Work Location: In person, South Croydon
Applications (CVs with an optional cover letter) can be sent by email by clicking on the apply button.