Details Job type: Fee earning / Management
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
Hours: 36.25 per week
Dunn & Baker Solicitors are seeking an experienced Dispute Resolution Lawyer to head their general dispute resolution department.
The successful candidate will:
- Build a team of fee earners;
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the team including acting as an escalation point for junior or non-qualified members of the team;
- Manage their own day to day caseload effectively;
- Perform work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firms risk management procedures;
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in areas of law; and
- Build and maintain a network of contacts and referrers
Desirable areas of experience:
- Inheritance Act and Contentious Probate
- Contract disputes
- Civil procedure
- Shareholder and Partnership disputes
- Debt collection
- Construction disputes
- Housing/landlord and tenant disputes
- Boundary disputes
Exeter is one of the UK’s fastest growing economies being the base of a wide range of businesses. A beautify, historic thriving city with great transport routes. Easy access to the sea, moor and many rural and coastal towns and villages. Education is of a consistently good standard in Exeter with the University of Exeter being highly ranked and offers world class research opportunities for its students
- Salary – Dunn & Baker Solicitors offer, for the right individual, excellent prospects for career development and also a competitive salary.
- Annual leave - A minimum of 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata) plus Birthdays off.
- Pension scheme - All staff are given the option to join our company pension scheme to help plan for their future.
- Personal development and apprenticeships - Dunn & Baker Solicitors encourage and support continuous development of all our team members.
- Sociable and fun - Dunn & Baker Solicitors do enjoy a staff get together and try to have at least two full firm get togethers a year.
- Referral schemes * - Dunn & Baker Solicitors have in place an internal referral scheme and a recruitment referral scheme.
- Length of service awards * - Dunn & Baker Solicitors appreciate and knowledge staff loyalty with length of service awards.
- Employee legal services discounts * - Dunn & Baker Solicitors offer discounted legal services for our staff because we don't believe they should pay full price for the services we offer.
- Employee will (free) * - Once settled with Dunn & Baker Solicitors, they offer a free Will writing service for employees.
- Legal services friends and family discounts * - Not only do the Dunn & Baker team benefit from our discounts - so do those closest to them.
- Community / charity support - Dunn & Baker Solicitors support many local community groups many of which our employees are actively involved.
* Terms and conditions apply
How to apply
For further details or to apply for the position please contact / send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DBS check is required for this post.